Registered Traveller service

Apply for the Registered Traveller service to get through the UK border faster.

You won’t need to fill in a landing card when you use the UK and EU entry lanes (or ePassport gates if your passport has a ‘chip’) at any of the following airports:

  • Heathrow
  • Gatwick
  • Manchester
  • Stansted
  • Luton
  • Edinburgh
  • Birmingham
  • Glasgow
  • East Midlands
  • London City

You also won’t need one at Eurostar terminals at Paris, Brussels and Lille.


You must:

  • be 18 or older
  • have a visa or have visited the UK at least 4 times in the last 24 months
  • have an eligible passport

Eligible passports


Brunei, Hong Kong (must be a Special Administrative Region passport), Japan, Malaysia, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan (you must have a personal ID number on the photo page)


Australia, New Zealand

Middle East


North America

Canada, Mexico, USA

South and Central America

Argentina, Belize, Brazil, Chile, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Uruguay

How much it costs

It costs £70 to apply to use the service for 1 year. You’ll get £50 back if your application is unsuccessful.


You need:

  • your passport number and expiry date
  • a debit or credit card to pay online

You’ll get a decision on your application within 10 working days.

Start now

What you need to know

It costs:

It doesn’t cost anything to update your visa information.

Posted on: 13th December 2016, by : ICS Legal