Requirements and conditions of the UK Visa
Applying for a UK Visa has become a complicated process, as the governance of the Immigration Rules plays an important role when deciding on the visa application. You can complete a free visa assessment by clicking here. Once you have done this, whether you meet the requirements or not, contact us so our Immigration Lawyers who can look into your individual matter. No immigration matter is straight forward. You might have options that you are not aware of. So call or contact us to discuss them. We are waiting to help you.
Our experienced UK Immigration Lawyers will remove the stress, whilst maximising your chances of a successful UK Visa outcome. If you are planning to visit, reside or extend your stay in the UK, we will advise you on the best way to get an approved UK Visa.
You can apply for a UK visa if you want to visit the UK for leisure, for example on holiday or to see your family and friends or for business, or to take part in sports or creative events or for another reason, for example to receive private medical treatment. Some of the key requirements of a UK Visa are as follows:
- You must be clear on your intentions, for example, if you wish to visit only, then you apply for a UK Visit Visa, however if you plan to set up and work for yourself, then a Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa would be appropriate.
- You must have funds to support yourself in the UK and be able to demonstrate that you would have adequate accommodation in the UK.
- Must be a person of good character. All or most UK Visa requires you to confirm you are a person of “good character”. The Immigration Act 2016 has placed obligations on decision makers to check your criminal history.
- Have sufficient lingual ability in English, Welsh, Scottish or Gaelic. The language requirement is a mandatory requirement
The Immigration Rules contains specified documents that are required for the UK Visa. You would need to ensure all documents are provided depending on the visa category you decide to apply. Getting legal advice is important, as we would be able to use our knowledge and experience to ensure a “good UK Visa application” is being lodged. Whilst an application for a UK Visa can be refused, and a right to appeal or administrative review is granted, it does not mean that you have no chance to re-apply.
Simply call us on 020 7237 3388 whereby we can check whether you meet the published requirements of the UK Visa. Our Immigration Lawyers specialise in a wide range of UK Visa, Nationality and EEA applications to the Home Office, responsible for controlling immigration. Our Immigration Lawyers can provide advice, practical assistance and professional representation to guide you through the application and decision-making process from start to finish. Our opinions, knowledge and experience helps us to prepare a good UK Visa application.
UK Visas – looking to work, or become a business owner
– Tier 1 (General) – now closed to applicants outside the UK
Tier 2 Visa (Certificate of Sponsorship/Work Permit)
Tier 5 Visa
UK Study Visas
– Tier 4 – Student Visa
– Student Visitor Visa
– Doctoral Extension Scheme
UK Family Visas
UK Visitor Visas
– Standard Visitor – replaces Business, Academic, Family & General Visa
– Permitted Paid Engagement
– Short term Study Visa