Programme in English for Postgraduate Studies (PEPS)
PEPS is an academic English language and study skills improvement programme for graduates who wish to prepare for further academic study, either at university. We also consider students who wish to develop their academic English for other purposes, who have a suitable profile and who meet our entry requirements.
PEPS is a three-term programme, delivered through the academic year. Depending on your needs, you can join us for one, two or three terms. At the end of term 3, you will also have the opportunity to join our Pre-sessional programme, for which there would be an additional fee.
PEPS is designed to help you become a more independent and confident user of English in academic and other relevant contexts. Throughout the programme, we will work closely with you to develop your language skills in the following areas:
- Reading for note-taking, discussion and writing
- Listening and note-taking for lectures
- Speaking and listening for seminars and discussion
- Academic writing for assignments and dissertations
- Grammar, vocabulary and lexis