|1:Overview||2:When you need to pay|
|3:How much you have to pay||4:Pay the healthcare surcharge|
You don’t need to do anything to get an IHS refund – it’s automatically paid to the account or card you paid with.
You’ll get a full IHS refund if:
- you paid twice
- your visa application is refused
- you withdraw your visa application
You’ll get a partial IHS refund if your visa application’s successful but:
- you get less time on your visa than you asked for
- any dependants on your visa application are refused
You won’t get a refund if your visa application’s successful but you don’t come to the UK or you leave before your visa ends.
How long it takes
You usually get your refund within 90 days of getting a decision on your visa application. It can take longer if you appeal or ask for an administrative review after your visa application is refused.
If you appeal or ask for an administrative review
If you applied from:
- inside the UK – you’ll get your refund up to 90 days after your appeal or administrative review is dismissed
- outside the UK – you’ll get your refund up to 90 days after your visa application is refused
You’ll have to repay the IHS if your appeal or administrative review is successful and you’ve already got your IHS refund.
Contact UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) if your refund isn’t paid within 90 days.