Change of study location -Tier 4 Student Visa

Change of study location

As a Tier 4 sponsor, it is necessary for the University to keep the Home Office UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) informed of any change in your circumstances. One of the changes they wish to know about is if your primary site of study changes from the University main campus site to elsewhere. This is when this will be for a period of longer than 3 months. You must still be engaging with your studies at this time and your academic department must continue to monitor your attendance and progress.

Should you wish to make such a change, you should ask your department. They will then need to complete a form which will trigger Student Records or the Graduate School to make a report of this to the Home Office. They will also need to make another report confirming when you have returned to the University.

It is important to remember that if you change your study location from the University campus to elsewhere for a period of less than 3 months you should still keep your academic department informed of this so they can ensure they keep in touch with you and that your attendance/engagement is still being monitored.